Blog Post #3

My three academic sources that I have looked at so far are:

1. The Company He Keeps: A History of White College Fraternities, written by Nicholas L. Syrett

The Company He Keeps will help me look the history of fraternities and their purpose in colleges today. Fraternities were first made because there was a missing sense of belongingness when young adults first left for college. These individuals wanted a purpose and be successful with other while socializing with others while in college.

2. The Defining Decade, written by Meg Jay

The Defining Decade has helped me figure out what my paper will be about, which is identity capital. This is a term that isn't used very often but is crucial in the development of young individual in their twenties. Identity capital is what my paper will focus in because it is something that I believe is developed with the help of a fraternity for college students.

3. "Academic Identity, Self-Efficacy, and Self-Esteem Predict Self-Determined Motivation and Goals", written by Meera Komarraju and Christopher Dial

This scholarly article is crucial to my paper because "self-efficacy" is a sector of identity capital that I believe I will be able to elaborate on and connect it with fraternities. Self-efficacy is something that can be learned when going through the pledging process because when completed, it gives the member a sense of accomplishment and boosts their confidence.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post 1

Literature Review #2

Blog Post #10